Partnership-building Activity / 3-7 October 2022 | Vienna, Austria
We want to open the door to new fields in volunteering! The event aims to bring together different organisations, newcomers and the ones that have experience and are interested in new fields of volunteering.
How can European Solidarity Corps Volunteering Projects be implemented in fields such as climate change, social economy, libraries and museums, online activism, intergenerational dialogue, human rights and other areas?
“Opening the door to new volunteering fields” aims to bring together experienced and new organisations who wish to become part of the ESC community and interested in new fields of volunteering – ready to explore new volunteering areas and co-create relevant opportunities though an inspiring process.
This Partnership-building activity is already in its third edition and part of an event series and the overall strategy of the European Solidarity Corps Resource Centre. The first event was organized online in 2020, the second edition took place in 2021 in Helsinki. One of the participant´s impressions from last year can be read here.
- CREATE a frame for sharing experience in the field of volunteering, from different areas of expertise.
- DISCUSS and understand Solidarity as one of the core values of volunteering.
- EXPLORE new fields of volunteering activities and organizations
- MOTIVATE organisations to join the European Solidarity Corps community.
- SUPPORT networking between organisations and encourage them to establish trans-national activities in the framework of the European Solidarity Corps programme.
The event is for participants with the following background:
- Newcomer organizations/institutions interested in stepping into the Solidarity Corps volunteering action, with or without the Quality Label.
- Experienced organizations interested in finding international partners in new fields of volunteering or interested in creating innovative new volunteering host placements
PROGRAMME & METHODOLOGY
The event is a networking activity with a programme based on the principles of non-formal learning. The methods used will be interactive and participatory. There will be space for participants to share their experience and expertise in all types of volunteering. The programme includes field visits and sessions with inspiring guests from the host country.
The residential event will be complemented with two additional online meetings that require the participantion of all selected participants:
- On the 26th September, the selected participants will be invited for an online introduction session between 14.00 and 17.00 CET. The aim of this session is to get to know each other and the basics about the event, but also already to explore information regarding the European Solidarity Corps programme.
- On the 15th November the selected participants will be invited for an online follow up meeting between 14:00 and 16:00 CET for a final evaluation and the closure of our activities.
- Please see the flow of this event in the draft agenda attached below.
We are going to open the door to new fields in volunteering together!
Available downloads: draft programme austria.pdf
More information at: SALTO