25-31 January 2024 | Dublin, Ireland
Are you interested in exploring Virtual Reality for Youth Advocacy? We invite teams of youth workers and young people to come together to learn how to support youth to activate their voices and learn how to use Virtual Reality.
Dates: online training 25th & 26th of January 2024; Residential training 29th to 31st of January, arriving day 28th, departure date 1st of February
Target group: Teams should consist of 1 youth worker and 1 young person. The young people must be 18-30 years old and from the same youth organisation as the youth workers. Youth workers are invited to apply on behalf of the young adult. Individual applications will not be considered.
Led by two experts in the field of youth-led self-advocacy and digital youth work, this training is an opportunity for youth workers to upskill their practice to support young people interested in Youth Advocacy through Virtual Reality. We do not expect youth workers to have a previous experience in self-advocacy and/or virtual reality.
- To learn how to support young adults to advocate through enhancing communication and presentation skills
- To explore how European projects such as Erasmus+ can support digital youth work
- To network and connect with other youth organisations across Europe
– Develop experience in working with others on VR during the residential training in Dublin
– Participants will be capable to replicate the training with peers in their organisation
– Gain knowledge of creative and digital methods in amplifying voices of young people
– Understand the rapidly evolving world of immersive technology and how it can be beneficial to youth voice
More information at: SALTO