Schüler Helfen Leben (SHL) is a youth-led, youth-established German non-governmental organization supporting youth projects in Western Balkans since 1992. With education as the core of our programs, our mission is to empower youth to become active and aware citizens in a society of equal standards for all. In 30 years of existence, SHL developed as a youth foundation that supports youth engagement through numerous activities – education, funding, mobility, mentorship and capacity building. Our work is tailored to the needs of youth, and the diverse array of activities contributes to youth engagement in community building. To establish an efficient umbrella Youth Grant Program that will be dedicated to youth empowerment, SHL is looking for a highly motivated.
Youth Grant Program:
• Creating, planning, organizing, and implementing the Youth Grant Program in coordination with management and program staff aimed at centralizing all SHL (sub)grant schemas under the umbrella of the Youth Grant Program with full compliance with the strategic goals of the SHL;
• Coordinating and administering the Youth Grants Program from pre-award through post-award of all grants (Facilitates grant efforts, including grant approval process and post-award compliance, and Ensures timelines are met.);
• Following Strategy
• Visiting project sites for monitoring and reporting purposes;
• Reviewing grants and subaward expenditures and other financial analyses on a monthly/ quarterly basis as required;
• Ensuring activities, budget, resources and objectives of the Youth Grant Program are met;
• Managing and overseeing the process of the daily flow of paper, electronic documents, and communications related to proposals, awards and contracts;
• Drafting and development of the materials relevant to the Program (booklets, manuals, etc.);
• Program promotion and advocating for Program’s goals;
• Creating reports, analysis and interpretation of data on a regular basis;
• Securing adherence to organization policies and guidelines.
• Continuous development of concepts, ideas, and projects in accordance with the organizational mission and vision;
• Identification and building relationships with potential donors;
• Developing and updating materials necessary for grant submissions, including concept letters and project applications/proposals;
• Developing materials (mail-shots) for direct mailing to reach a range of potential and current donors.
• Minimum two years of experience as a grant officer, and/or youth programs officer and fundraising, or in a similar position (preferred in the NGO sector and/or in the cultural or artistic sector);
• Accountability and adherence to deadlines, as well as the ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects/tasks;
• Organizational skills, self-initiative, tenacity, accuracy, reliability, and flexibility in work;
• Ability and willingness to work with young people
• Experience in fundraising and budgeting;
• Familiar with financial service principles and practices;
• Experience with project cycle management;
• Experience and willingness to work conceptually and strategically;
• Good administrative skills;
• Interpersonal and communication skills, independence, and ability to work in a team;
• Problem-solving skills
• Interest and ability to work in a multi-national/ethnic environment;
• Valid driving license and a minimum of two years of driving experience and disposition to travel frequently within BiH;
• Proficient knowledge of BHS languages (eliminatory).
• Knowledge of spoken and written English (minimum B2).
Advantage will be given to candidates who have:
• Experience with art and culture as a tool for youth activism;
• Knowledge of the German language.
The position is based on a 40-hour working week and can be filled asap. The probation period is three months, followed by an employment contract.
Please e-mail your written application in the form of a PDF document in English no later than 9th February 2023 with the subject “Grant Officer job application” (email@example.com).
The application should contain the following:
- a letter of motivation (max. 1 page, containing a statement about what makes the candidate suitable for the position and what motivates him/her, as well as views on arts and culture as a strategy for youth activism);
- curriculum vitae including a photo;
- two letters of recommendation,
- and scanned copies of school/ university certificates.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted soon after the deadline.
For more information, please visit our website, www.shl.ba.
Preuzeto sa: hocu.ba