Conference – Symposium – Forum
28 February – 3 March 2023 | Bucharest, Romania
fYOUture of YOUth is a Youth Voicing Conference with participants in the center of the process and elaborating a resolution on the future of youth in Europe.
Youth should always be in the present tense.Also, the best moment to build its future base in a sustainable manner.
In 2022 more than ever. The European Year Youth is passing, but its LEGACY must endure.
fYOUthure of YOUthe is the international event you have been waiting for to put under the magnifying glass the way European programs and opportunities of today respond to current needs of young people and the youth sector. Furthermore, the place to be if you want to collect input on potential formats of the future European youth architecture that should be developed in order to better answer these needs and support the present and following European Youth Strategy as well as the EU programs dedicated to young people.
Aka the objectives of the event:
– mapping the current European programs dedicated to youth, the strong points and elements needing improvement;
– identifying how the programs could be more efficiently implemented by developing synergies among them;
– elaboration of participant’s resolution concerning the future of youth in Europe
– shaping an integrated and sustainable EU youth ecosystem
150 participants from Erasmus+/European Solidarity Corps Programme countries with the following profile:
– Youth workers (Youth leaders, Youth project managers, Volunteering coordinators, Youth mentors and coaches, Experienced current/former European programs beneficiaries) involved in projects funded by Erasmus+, European Solidarity Corps or other European funding programs (such as European Social Fund)
– Youth policy makers (at local, national and European level)
– Youth researchers
– Youth National Agencies and National Authorities representatives
During the event
The event will take place from the 1st until 3rd of March 2023 (full working days), with 28th of February – arrival day and 4th of March departure day.
The 3 working days face to face event will place the participants in the center of the process by gathering their expertise and their inputs about European programs dedicated to youth.
Through interactive workshops, the ideas of the participants coming from different European countries and with a strong experience in implementing Erasmus+, European Solidarity Corps and/or other types of projects such as European Social Fund will be analyzed and they will contribute to the elaboration of the event’s resolution on the future of youth.
Youth policy makers will have the chance to interact directly with youth representatives in order to better understand how the policies they decide upon leave a mark on the youtth sector.
Before and after the event
The event is aimed to be accompanied by monthly MeetUPs carried out online before and after the event with the aim to prepare in advance some relevant topic and/or to coordinate the effort of collecting relevant input, developing the resolution and to disseminate it later on.
The mix of face to face activities, facilitated discussions and online MeetUPs will be moderated by experienced trainers and facilitators.
By participating you may:
– make your voice heard at international level and use your experience in order to identify how the European architecture addressing young people might be improved;
– learn the various elements of the youth dedicated programs proposed at European level and contribute to finding the most efficient ways to implement and improve them in order to better answer the needs of the young people;
– take part in the elaboration of an international resolution based on the UN Resolution Model aiming at contributing to a better youth sector in the future.
As a follow up to your contribution, the resolution will be part of a large advocacy process aiming to reach relevant decision makers such as:
– representatives of the European Commission
– members of the European Parliament
– ministers, secretary of states and directors in charge with youth policies in relevant ministries in EU Member States
More information at: SALTO