Applications are open for the UNESCO Silk Roads Youth Research Grant 2022. The grant aims to mobilize young researchers for further study of the Silk Roads shared heritage.
The research needs to address specific issues relating to:
- the shared heritage and plural identities developed along the Silk Roads,
- its internal diversity,
- its potential in contemporary societies for creativity, intercultural dialogue, social cohesion, regional and international cooperation, and
- ultimately sustainable peace and development.
The UNESCO Silk Roads Youth Research Grant was first launched in 2021 and is organized within the UNESCO Silk Roads Program with the support of the National Commission of the People’s Republic of China for UNESCO, in the context of UNESCO Social and Human Sciences Program.
- Postgraduate researchers, aged 35 and younger at the time of application, are eligible to apply for the grant.
- The proposed research may be carried out by an individual researcher or may be part of the research of a group or collaborative project.
Eligible Fields of Research
A broad array of research fields, including multidisciplinary and multidimensional proposals not limited to one specific region or chronology, are eligible. Proposed research may cover one or several themes associated with the Silk Roads shared heritage including, but not limited to:
- Science, Technology and Traditional Knowhow
- Religion and Spirituality
- Language and Literature
- Arts and Music
- Traditional Sports and Games
- Economy and Trade
- The Legacy of the Silk Roads and Contemporary Issues
Twelve grants of USD $10,000 will be awarded per research project.
How to apply?
Applicants are required to submit their research proposals by downloading and completing the template provided detailing their research project, its methods, expected outcomes and contribution to existing scholarship.
For more information, please visit the official website.
Deadline: 31 May 2022
Open to: international applicants
Benefits: twelve grants of USD 10,000 USD
Preuzeto sa: hocu.ba