E-learning / 1-17 February 2021 | Zoom and https://canvas.instructure.com/, Lithuania
This online training course will focus on transforming digital literacy programmes into online learning playlists followed with recognition of digital skills using Open Badges and the use of “Cities of Learning” platform.
On behalf of the partners of the international project “Digital Generation Youth” we are glad to invite you to participate in the international online training course ‘21ST CENTURY SKILLS AND RECOGNITION WITH OPEN BADGES’.
The course will take place in the period of 1st to 17th February 2021, approx. 30 learning hours in total. All participants will receive open badges and a completion certificate at the end of the course.
There will be live Zoom sessions on the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 9th, 10th, 17th of February 2021 (at 10.00 CET) and additional learning content and assignments on https://canvas.instructure.com/ All Zoom sessions will be recorded and available if someone will miss one.
Register to the training course by 23rd January: https://forms.gle/xE2TyVb8A7hFTtR87
- Provide knowledge and understanding about the way technology of digital open badges work;
- Share best practices of using open badges for recognition of youth work and non-formal learning in Europe;
- Develop skills in designing unique recognition systems based on open badges
- Increase understanding how to build recognition and endorsement networks by including other stakeholders of the youth field and employers.
Criteria for participants:
- Interested in digital literacy programmes
- Implementing digital literacy programmes for young people
- Willing to experiment and try out technology of open digital badges and learning playlists
- Able to communicate in English
- Able to take part in most of the online learning activities from 1st to 17th Feb. 2021
- Course is open for people from any country, but priority will be for people from The Netherlands, Nigeria, Lithuania and South Africa (project partners can support participants from these countries better in the follow-up phase)
- Sharing digital literacy programmes for young people
- Exploring the technology behind open badges standard
- Building badge-based recognition systems
- Creating online activities and learning playlists on the www.citiesoflearning.eu platform
- Discussing challenges and solutions to achieve greater recognition of 21st-century skills.
- Planning further steps for the guided practice in the implementation of the recognition system
- Virtual tours (to be confirmed)
- The course content and activities will be hosted on Canvas.net platform.
- The learning group will meet on scheduled online meetings on Zoom
More information at: SALTO