1 February 2023, 14:00 – 15 February 2023, 17:15
OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR)
Training for Civil Society on Addressing Religion-Related Hate Crime (OSCE/ODIHR)
This online course, taking place on 1, 8 and 15 February 2023, will train up to 20 civil society representatives, including those from faith-based organizations and religious or belief communities, on recording and reporting hate crimes motivated by religion-related bias. The participants will be selected from across the OSCE region based on their work and interest in promoting tolerance and non-discrimination, including religion-related hate crime.
The training will equip participants with the practical skills to identify, record and report religion-related hate crime. In particular, the training will deepen participants’ understanding of such crimes, including the fact that victims may be targeted for multiple identity characteristics, such as gender, ethnicity and nationality.
Participants will also have the opportunity to learn more about ODIHR’s approach to hate crime data collection, as well as the benefits of ensuring that religion-related hate crimes are reported.
Participants who successfully complete the course requirements will receive a certificate.
To take part in the training, please send the following information to Tatjana Perić, OSCE/ODIHR’s Adviser on Combating Racism and Xenophobia (including intolerance against Christians and other religions), at Tatjana.Peric@odihr.pl.
- Name and family name:
- Name of your civil society organization (including faith-based organizations) and your position there:
- Location and country:
- Explain, in no more than a paragraph (max. 100 words), how your current work relates to hate crime, religion-related intolerance and/or religion-related hate crime:
- Explain, in no more than a paragraph (max. 100 words), how you will use the skills gained at the OSCE/ODIHR training in your future work:
- Email address:
- Gender (optional question):
- Religious or belief affiliation (optional question):
Deadline for applications: 20 January 2023.
Successful applicants will be contacted by 25 January 2023.
Preuzeto sa: OSCE