13-14 December 2022 | Ljubljana, Slovenia
A two-day workshop aiming at stimulating the development of digital youth work in the Western Balkan region.
MOVING FORWARD – is a series of workshops organised by the SALTO South East Europe Resource Centre addressing the role of youth work in changing society.
Digital transformation, climate change and new ways to integrate into the world of work are all issues that mark the lives of young people today. How can youth work respond to current developments, trends and challenges in society, and consequently, to the changing needs of young people? What is the current state of play in the Western Balkan countries, and what is needed to support youth work to move forward?
SALTO SEE will be organising a series of workshops in 2022 – 2023 on the topic.*
MOVING FORWARD: Digital youth work in the Western Balkan region
The first MOVING FORWARD workshop will be organised in Ljubljana, Slovenia with the focus on digital youth work as a response and mirror of the digital transformation. The activity will gather 15 organisations from the Western Balkan region together with other relevant stakeholders and experts for two days with the aim of stimulating the development of digital youth work in the Western Balkan region.
The objectives of the workshop are to:
- explore the topic of digital youth work as a response to digital transformation in the society and its implications on the lives of young people;
- discuss about related developments at the European level and questions and dilemmas relevant specifically for the Western Balkan region;
- share inspiring approaches and practices from the region and elsewhere;
- encourage new developments and practices of digital youth work in the region.
- explore competences of youth workers and organisations to implement digital youth work.
The activity addresses organisations working with young people that are interested in moving forward in their youth work and finding new ways to respond to the changing needs and realities of young people, and in particular:
- are interested in the development of digital youth work in the Western Balkan region and incorporating it in their own youth work practice;
- have adequate experience and capacity to develop new approaches and try out innovative practices complementing their regular work with young people.
The programme of activities consists of expert inputs, discussions, practical work and a field visit.
*SALTO SEE will be organising a series of workshops addressing the role of youth work in changing society in 2022 – 2023 for organisations working with young people. The workshops are aiming at:
increasing the awareness of the related developments in Europe/at European level;
getting to know approaches and tools that can be used in youth work to respond to these developments
taking stock of the situation in the Western Balkan region;
sharing information and inspiring practices from within and outside the region;
stimulating networking among interested organisations and other stakeholders;
developing youth work / work with young people further.
Three workshops are foreseen in 2022 – 2023:
Exploring digital youth work as a response to and mirror of the digital transformation in 13 – 14 December 2022
Green youth work (working title) in 2023
Role of youth work in social innovation and entrepreneurship (working title) in 2023
Available downloads: Programme of activities.pdf
More information at: SALTO