4-14 January 2023 | Berlin, Germany
We will educate youth workers/teachers/educators on what digital tools and digital campaigns for democracy are, how to use them and how to develop local activities for youngsters on the topic of online campaigning.
The topic that we are focused on in this LTTA is Digital tools and online campaigning for active participation in democratic processes. It is not enough just to understand how political systems function, it is also relevant where and how youngsters inform themselves about the political system, and relevant and current issues that affect them and their community; as well as digital tools that can be used in the democratic processes.
On this LTTA youth workers/teachers/educators will firstly learn more about the current situation in partner countries when it comes to digital campaigns, how digital campaigns are developed and which tools are used, how to use different tools for developing online campaigns, and at the end how to develop local community level activities for educating young people on online campaigning for active participation in democratic processes.
What will the TC look like?
The themes and objectives of this project will be put into practice through the following daily activities: Ice-breaking and getting to know each other; Regular energizers; Programme sessions; Intercultural evening/Optional evening sessions; Daily evaluation/reflection rounds. The whole concept of the LTTA is designed according to the mutual agreement of all partner organizations in the project. LTTA activity will be based on non-formal education and learning by doing methods. It will give participants the opportunity to create their own learning expectations and outcomes, but also to discover themselves and their own personal limits. General methods that we are planning to use are: working in smaller groups, interactive and creative presentations, brainstorming, working in national groups, simulation activities, role plays etc.
All participants will receive a Youthpass certificate.
Aim and objectives of the TC
The aim of this project is to empower our members and youth workers, raising their knowledge and skills level in the field of Strategic planning; to produce during this project 5 Strategic planning documents, one for each of the partner organization; to strengthen the partnership between our organization and produce new projects on a European level so we can continue to support each other, educate our youth workers and grow together.
Objectives of the training course:
- To enhance cooperation between our youth workers and organizations
- To explore Erasmus+
- To explore the Youthpass certificate and frame of 8 key competences
- To analyse and discuss the situation in our countries on online campaigning as part of democratic processes
- To learn more and gain skills of developing online campaigns for democratic participation
- To explore and learn about monitoring and evaluation of online campaigns
- To gain insights and practical skills on developing online campaigns through use of paid and free tools
- To develop activities for local communities focused on raising knowledge and skills of youngsters for development of online campaigns as part of democratic processes.
Pre-training course tasks for participants / preparation for the training course and follow-up requirement:
For the preparation of the activity, participants need to:
- Gather relevant information about the situation in their countries on online campaigns in democratic processes – in English;
- To present the main activities and projects of their organization, and also to share some examples of good practice.
To organise and implement Local Workshops about Digital tools and online campaigning for active participation in democratic processes for youngsters after the training course (with the support of your sending organisation).
Local Planning Workshops need to engage 5 to 10 people.
The organisers will follow the development of the ongoing pandemic and communicate all necessary information. The health and safety recommendations will be implemented: masks will be used when needed and necessary sanitising equipment will be provided.
More information will be provided to the selected participants.
Available downloads: CRITIDE LTTA3 agenda.pdf
More information at: SALTO