Open Call: Third Cycle of the Digital Rights Programme for Journalists
Journalists from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, and Kosovo* are invited to apply for the third edition of BIRN’s Digital Rights Programme, which seeks to analyze threats to digital rights and freedoms and to document, explore and communicate to the wider public the abuses of digital tools to undermine democracy and human rights.
BIRN is looking for people who want to create engaging and informative content focusing on technology and the opportunities and challenges it poses to democracy and human rights, in particular:
- Freedom of expression,
- COVID-related tech regulations,
- Content blocking and removal,
- Artificial intelligence, machine-learning and algorithmic decision-making processes,
- Transparency of processes of digital transformation in the region,
- Hate speech and discrimination in the digital environment,
- Gender issues,
- LGBTI+ issues,
- Digital security and phishing campaigns,
- Privacy and data protection,
- Surveillance practices,
- Accountability of the major internet platforms and online safety of users,
- Information security,
- Disinformation and misinformation,
- 5G technology in the region,
- Social media bots and troll farms.
BIRN offers a comprehensive six-month programme for all accepted applications, which includes:
- Financial support ($1,325 gross),
- Regular networking opportunities,
- Meetings with relevant stakeholders dealing with digital transformation challenges and freedom of expression,
- On-the-job mentoring and editorial sessions to produce high-quality journalism and educational sessions focused on digital security for media.
Support is available for professional freelance or staff journalists to cover local, national and cross-border topics. The stories produced under the programme will be published by Balkan Insight and by prominent European, regional and international media outlets.
Click here to apply for the programme.
The call is open until October 28, 2022.
The Balkan Investigative Reporting Network(BIRN)
HOW TO APPLY?
Fill out the application form and follow the instructions.
Attach the signed declaration document.
Official website: https://birn.eu.com/news-and-events/open-call-third-cycle-of-the-digital-rights-programme-for-journalists/
Preuzeto sa: hajde.media