Seminar: ENGAGE IN INCLUSION
5-9 November 2022 | Bratislava, Slovak Republic
A capacity building activity open for youth organizations willing to empower inclusive activities in their work with young people with disabilities and health conditions.
The main aim of the event is to build competences among youth workers who would like to empower inclusive activities in their work with young people. One of the aims is to provide a concrete and practical advice for involving participation of young people with disabilities and health conditions.
The organizers will introduce Guidelines on Disability-Inclusion as a tool to support organizations open to work with young people with disabilities and health conditions but with few or non-relevant experience when planning disability-inclusive European youth mobility activities.
The activity will focus on providing an overview of all the things to keep in mind regarding various individual needs of participants with disabilities and for the different stages in international short-term mobility activities involving young persons with disabilities and health conditions. It will moreover introduce the funding opportunities in the frame of Erasmus+ Youth and European Solidarity Corps (ESC) programmes for quality disability-inclusive activities.
This event addresses youth workers, project managers and representatives of different kinds of organizations who would like to include young people with fewer opportunities in their youth mobility activities. It offers them space to explore the programmes as a tool for empowering and supporting a safe participation and social inclusion of young people within the programme itself, youth work and society.
Aims & objectives:
· Enhance youth workers’ competences in involving young people with disabilities and health conditions in European youth mobility activities.
· Present hands-on approach when planning and implementing disability-inclusive youth mobility activities.
· Provide concrete and practical advice and methods for involving participation of young people with disabilities and health conditions.
· Explore the things to consider when planning a disability-inclusive youth mobility activities.
· Provide advice on the safe involvement of young people with disabilities and health conditions in youth mobility activities.
· Consider the needs of people with different disabilities
· Identify possible barriers and explore good practices and how to overcome them.
· Get inspired by practical examples of disability-inclusive youth mobility activities
· Youth workers and organizations who want to make their youth mobility activities more inclusive and reach out to a more diverse target group.
· Have experience with the Erasmus+ and/or European Solidarity Corps youth mobility activities and have little knowledge on working with young people with disabilities and health conditions
· Potentially organizations with basic experience with organizing youth mobility activities for mixed groups that want to develop a more strategic inclusive approach.
· We encourage youth workers from all backgrounds to apply. We will discuss with you any individual needs to make the participation of diverse participants possible (interpretation, personal assistance/support, etc.). The venue of the course is wheelchair accessible.
Important: Please note that the organizing partner will be closely observing the development of the COVID-19 pandemic and reserves the right to cancel the activity in accordance with internal decisions on hosting residential events.
More information at: SALTO