E-learning / 19 December 2021 – 31 March 2022 | online, Slovenia
!! PLEASE NOTE THAT THE COURSE IS ALREADY OPEN, anyone can take part and you are not required to fill in an application. The DIRECT LINK for registration is in the end of the call !!
!! Newly updated information about the OPEN WEBINARS is below !!
Join this online course to challenge your notions of Europe and citizenship, gain new insights and explore ways to address these topics with young people. The course offers animated videos, interactive inputs, practical tasks and inspiring webinars.
The aim of the online course “Europe and young people: How citizenship in Europe works?” is to increase youth work practitioners’ understanding on the topics of Europe and citizenship and to explore concrete approaches and methods to address them with young people in local and international youth work in Europe.
The course will provide you with space and opportunities to:
- explore and challenge your notions of Europe and citizenship and provide you with new insights;
- become more aware of the civic, political and social issues that are important for young people across Europe;
- find and make connections between local youth work practice and transnational youth work in Europe;
- discover possibilities for transnational cooperation aimed at supporting young people’s active citizenship in Europe.
You will learn on the Canvas online learning platform.
The course is structured in six modules, which will be opened gradually over six weeks (see the schedule below). In addition to the modules in Canvas, there will be two meetups and four webinars that will also include guest speakers, providing additional reflections on the topics.
More information about the webinars and guest speakers is available HERE!
- In search for Europe: What is Europe (in all its complexity)? Opens on 15th November 2021 at 12:00 CET (Meet-up on the 17th of November at 15:00 – 17:00 CET)
- Building tomorrow’s Europe: What kind of Europe do we want? Opens on 22nd November 2021 at 12:00 CET (Webinar on the 24th of November at 15:00 – 17:00 CET)
- Me, you(th) and Europe: How does Europe shape who we are? Opens on 29th November 2021 at 12:00 CET (Webinar on the 1st of December at 15:00 – 17:00 CET)
- Young people’s citizenship in Europe: How do we come together in Europe? Opens on 6th December 2021 at 12:00 CET (Webinar on the 8th of December at 15:00 – 17:00 CET)
- Young people and Europe: How do we make change in Europe? Opens on 13th December 2021 at 12:00 CET (Webinar on the 15th of December at 15:00 – 17:00 CET)
- Where do we go from here? (as youth workers) Opens 20th of December at 12:00 CET (Meet-up on the 22nd of December at 15:00 – 17:00 CET)
Access to all webinars in Zoom is HERE!
The course is free and open for anyone, but is built mainly for youth work practitioners, who want to increase their understanding on the topics of Europe and citizenship and to explore approaches for addressing them with the young people they are working with.
The course is organised by SALTO South East Europe Resource Centre
Course designers and facilitators are Snezana Baclija Knoch and Dragan Atanasov
Check out the introductory video HERE!
!! Enrol now HERE !!
More information at: SALTO