E-learning / 17-21 January 2022 | online, Germany
The workshop for experienced trainers in the youth field will take place online and will explore the facilitation of online learning in designing and delivering training activities.
This is a skills-oriented workshop for experienced trainers in the youth field, who want to reflect on their practices in digital learning environments and want to explore these approaches further when it comes to designing & delivering training activities. In the activity, the participants will be invited to reflect on the educational approaches to online learning in the youth field and to explore practices and choices within their peer group of learners. We intend to have a mixture of reflection and practical elements in the workshop.
The workshop aims at expanding trainers’ competences with regard to methods and skills connected to facilitating non-formal learning in a digital space in the training design and practice in the field of youth.
This TSW will tackle dimensions such as:
- How does online facilitation differ from offline facilitation
- Elements of the learning space created in an online environment
- Options for creating online learning environments
- Reflection on the trainer/ facilitator role in the online learning process
- Supporting the learning of participants in the digital space
- Creating safe online spaces for participants
- 17 & 18 January 2021: online sessions in the first part of the day (10.00 -13.30 CET)
- 19 January: a day for individual tasks, reflection, peer learning…
- 20 & 21 January: online sessions in the first part of the day (10.00 -13.30 CET)
Furthermore, participants will be invited to individual tasks for the afternoons.
Your full presence and commitment during all these days is required to take part in the workshop. When chosen to participate, please make sure that you have for the training days a stable internet connection, working hardware and an environment that allows you to focus on the workshop.
The team of the TSW is composed of Laimonas Ragauskas and Sabrina Apitz.
TSWs are targeting trainers:
- active and experienced trainers in the youth field
- interested in further developing their training practice
- ready to reflect on their role as trainers
- interested in developing their online facilitation skills
- able to communicate in English
- available to participate in the whole duration of the workshop.
Training Skills Workshops (TSW) are organised in the context of the European Training Strategy which aims at developing trainers’ competences as outlined in the ETS Competence Model For Trainers.
TSWs are for trainers having a long-term experience with training in the field of youth. The workshop is for trainers who wish to develop their competence with regard to particular areas/skills and transfer the learning to their youth work practice. Every time TSW has a different thematic focus for certain skills development.
TSWs take place twice a year as part of a strategic long-term cooperation between NAs and SALTO T&C RC coordinating European training offers for trainers. It supports ‘advanced trainers’ to explore a certain area of trainers’ work and related competences of the ETS Competence Model for Trainers.
This TSW is organised by the “Trainer Competence Development” project.
The Austrian, Dutch, Czech, Estonian, German, Irish, Polish, Slovenian and Spanish Erasmus+: Youth in Action National Agencies together with the SALTO Training and Cooperation RC develop and carry out this long-term NA strategic partnership project.
Supporting the competence development of trainers is an important aspect to ensure the high quality of youth worker trainings in Europe. The ETS therefore calls for the development of a modular system to train the trainers of youth workers by defining a set of essential competences that can be acquired in specific courses and serve to establish a pool of certified trainers in Europe.
SALTO T&C RC keeps this subject on its agenda and develops projects in cooperation with NAs and other stakeholders.
More information at: SALTO