Europe and young people: How citizenship works in the European context?
E-learning / 15 November – 23 December 2021 | online, Slovenia
Join this online course to challenge your notions of Europe and citizenship, gain new insights and explore ways to address these topics with young people. The course offers animated videos, interactive inputs, practical tasks and inspiring webinars.
!! Please note that the course is open for all and does not require application. The link for registration is in the end of the call !!
The aim of the online course “Europe and young people: How citizenship in Europe works?” is to increase youth workers’ understanding on the topics of Europe and citizenship and to explore concrete approaches and methods to address them with young people in local and transnational youth work in Europe.
The course will provide you with space and opportunities to:
- Explore and challenge your notions of Europe and citizenship and provide you with new insights
- Become more aware of the civic, political and social issues that are important for young people across Europe
- Find and make connections between local youth work practice and transnational youth work in Europe
- Discover possibilities for transnational cooperation aimed at supporting young people’s active citizenship in Europe
- You will learn on the Canvas online learning platform. You can enrol already now and check the course description, introduce yourself and get ready for the course to start on 15th of November 2021.
The course is structured in 6 modules, which will be opened gradually over 6 weeks. In addition to the modules in Canvas, there will be 2 meetups and 4 webinars that will also include guest speakers, providing additional reflections on the topics.
- In search for Europe: What is Europe (in all its complexity)? (Webinar on the 17th of November at 15:00 – 17:00)
- Building tomorrow’s Europe: What kind of Europe do we want? (Webinar on the 24th of November at 15:00 – 17:00)
- Me, you(th) and Europe: How does Europe shape who we are? (Webinar on the 1st of December at 15:00 – 17:00)
- Young people’s citizenship in Europe: How do we come together in Europe? (Webinar on the 8th of December at 15:00 – 17:00)
- Young people and Europe: How do we make change in Europe? (Webinar on the 15th of December at 15:00 – 17:00)
Where do we go from here? (as youth workers) (Webinar on the 22nd of December at 15:00 – 17:00)
The course is free and open for anyone, but is built mainly for youth workers who want to increase their understanding on the topics of Europe and citizenship and to explore approaches for addressing them with the young people they are working with.
The course is organised by SALTO South East Europe Resource Centre
Course designers and facilitators are Snezana Baclija Knoch, Dragan Atanasov
Check out the introductory video at https://www.salto-youth.net/rc/see/activities/active-european-citizenship-and-identity/citizenshipeurope/
!! Enrol now at https://canvas.instructure.com/enroll/HG9D69 !!
More information at: SALTO