Training Course / 8-12 November 2021 | Durres, Albania
The training activity aims to support and build up the capacities of organizations that actively participate in volunteering actions of the European Solidarity Corps, in order to ensure quality and impact in the respective projects.
Objectives and benefits of the training course
Foster understanding, awareness and commitment to core quality criteria of the European Solidarity Corps;
Build up competences on how to design and implement European Solidarity Corps projects with a view to quality;
Ensure clarity and support on how the programme works formally: opportunities, guidelines, structures, priorities, rules, and procedures;
Give space to participants to express burning issues and needs and offer support where possible;
Foster a supportive community of organisations involved in the European Solidarity Corps;
Awaken the learner within.
Part of the course is an obligatory online preparatory phase:
Before the residential training course in Albania, there is a mandatory online preparatory/introductory phase. It aims to introduce basic information in order to establish common grounds as well as provide a place where participants will start to form a community of learners and will carry out first homework and assessments of their own organisation, local community and own needs.
We are looking for participants who:
are involved in the Volunteering Actions in European Solidarity Corps Programme,
are connected to organisations/institutions holding a Quality Label for Volunteering (or an accreditation for Volunteering in Erasmus+),
have a crucial role in and commitment to:
- providing conditions for high quality activities,
- ensuring a positive impact of Volunteering Activities within their community,
- creating learning opportunities within the organisation and for volunteers.
The concept of the TOSCA is based on the experience of the network of National Agencies and established by a pool of trainers with the support of SALTO Resource Centres.
The activity will be facilitated by three experienced trainers:
Dagna Gmitrowicz, trainer from Poland based in Germany,
Pieter – Jan Uyttersprot, from Belgium based in France,
3rd trainer from the Western Balkans (tbc),
Supported by representative of SALTO SEE, Andrej Troha.
! IMPORTANT !
If the restrictions connected to the still ongoing Covid-19 pandemic will impact on the organisation of and participation in the activity in a way that it would be impossible to implement it residentially, then the training course will take place ONLINE during 8th and 18th November.
Covid-19 related information:
Important to know before you apply: organizer will require from participants to strictly fulfil the rule vaccinated-recovered-tested to be able to participate to the activity.
Thus, by applying to this Training Course, the applicant claims to be:
- open to take part in the activity online, if the pandemic situation does not make the offline implementation of the Transnational Training Course possible (this will be decided latest in the beginning of October),
- aware of the health risks that he/she takes concerning his/her participation in the activity,
- aware that the organizer does not take responsibility for vaccination and testing of participants linked to their travel to and from the activity venue (costs of testing may be covered by the sending National Agencies, concerning this, please contact your National Agency),
- obliged to get updated prior to the activity about safety regulations and restrictions in their own country about travelling abroad and back,
- ready to commit to the respective safety rules and restrictions of the hosting country.
N.B.! The organisers will monitor the development of the ongoing Covid19-pandemic, and according to that, if the situation requires it, the activity might be implemented online (at the indicated dates). In case the activity can be realised as planned, the travel, health and safety recommendations in the participating countries will be fully respected. In case of a residential activity, all the participants will be accommodated in single rooms, masks will be used when and where required, and necessary sanitising equipment and measures will be arranged. More information will be provided directly to the selected participants.
More information at: SALTO