Vacancy notice open to Internal and External Candidates
Duty Station: Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina (field position)
Application Deadline: 21 December 2022
Position Title: Community Engagement Advisor (Social Cohesion and Resilience)
Contract type: SST UG (Special short-term) ungraded contract
Contract duration: 9 months, renewable Starting Date: as soon as possible Reference Code: SVN 98-12/22
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – the UN Migration Agency – is the leading inter- governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM, together with the international community, assists the population of BiH in rebuilding their lives and working for a better future. Today, with a focus on building the capacity of the BiH government to manage migration, IOM is working with a wide range of governmental and non-governmental partners in a wide range of migration related areas, including, amongst others, the protection of vulnerable migrants; border management; assisted voluntary return; diaspora; technical assistance on migration management; disaster risk reduction and recovery.
Under the overall guidance of the National Project Officer and with the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant/Project Coordinator, the Community Engagement Advisor will be responsible and accountable for assisting with the identification and development of grant ideas and to identify, develop
and forge strategic partnerships with potential / actual grantees as well as provide thorough assessments of local contexts in communities in the area of social cohesion and resilience.
- Assist with monitoring project activities in coordination with the Senior Project Assistant/Project Coordinator;
- At field level, liaise with potential / actual partners to advance the project implementation in accordance with the project objectives;
- Assist with the identification and development of small grant ideas in close coordination with the Project team;
- Provide weekly context updates on emerging issues in the municipality, especially in relation to community resilience and social cohesion;
- Report on small grants progress to the project team on a weekly basis;
- In coordination with the Senior Project Assistant/Project Coordinator, assist with monitoring the work of service providers, consultants and others contracted by project in the local area to ensure the efficient and timely completion of tasks;
- Ensure guidelines are followed and best practices maintained during the implementation of all project activities;
- Assist with project monitoring and evaluation activities, including the identification of risks, issues and lessons learned;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
All duties and responsibilities will be carried out in strict adherence to IOM policies and guidelines, including those related to confidentiality and data protection.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education: Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations, Law or related field with 1 year of experience or High School education with 3 years of experience
- Experience: Minimum 1 year of relevant experience, such as project development and implementation;
- Holds a valid driving license.
- Excellent computer literacy in MS Office;
- Willingness and ability to conduct travel across the country.
Language(s): Fluency in English Language and one of the three official languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian languages)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (IOM PHF- Personal History Form and motivation letter ) electronically by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that only attached PHF will be taken into consideration and processed.
Internal candidates are to apply by sending Internal Application Form in attachment.
Please note that only the attached IOM PHF will be considered.
IOM CV Form – Personal History Form
Subject: SVN 98-12/22
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Applications must be received by 21 December 2022 Posting period: 08 December 2022 – 21 December 2022
As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, external candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
For all IOM vacancies, applications form qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
Vacancy is open to candidates residing in the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country which is within commuting distance of the duty station. Candidates applying from another location outside commuting distance will be considered locally recruited and will not be eligible for allowances or benefits available to eligible internationally-recruited staff. In all cases, a prerequisite of taking up position as a staff member in the GS category is right of residence and right to work in the country of the duty station at the time of application.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Preuzeto sa: mreza-mira.net